Atalantaâ€™s is an inclusive, sporting, social club that believes that female athletes should be celebrated and supported not just at the University of Oxford, but within the local community too. We aim to help both individuals and teams develop and enhance their sporting careers through the provision of a network of likeminded people and the provision of financial aid.
Atalantaâ€™s provides a platform throughout the year for our members to socialise with fellow athletes, be it over brunch at George Street Social or at one of our termly cocktail events. We also award grants to sports clubs in order for them to carry out an important part of their training throughout their season. On an individual basis, we award an Atalantaâ€™s Teammate of the Year for a member who has contributed outstandingly in all areas of their sporting field. To support the wider community, Atalantaâ€™s runs outreach camps at local schools that provide coaching in different sporting areas to local schoolchildren. Away from the sports field, Atalantaâ€™sâ€™ sponsors host networking events for our members that allow them to gain a greater insight into certain industries that may be potential career options post-Oxford.
Atalantaâ€™s is proud to be an inclusive Society and is thus not limited to those girls who have won Blues. We therefore extend our membership out to any girl who has competed at University level in their respective sport, having played a minimum of 4 games for their respective team or who is expected to play in a Varsity. Our aim is to allow Oxford Sportswomen to recognise their achievements, meet likeminded individuals, and enable everyone to reach their full sporting potential while at Oxford.
- Welcome Drinks event for new members
- Termly cocktail events
- Free membersâ€™ dinners
- Discounted Atalantaâ€™s hospitality VIP tickets to Twickenham Varsity match
- Joint boat on the Thames with Vincentâ€™s for the annual boat race
- Atalantaâ€™s Sports ball
- Joint Atalantaâ€™s and Vincentâ€™s cocktails in University Parks
- Annual Christmas dinner at the Oxford-Cambridge club
- Termly members meetings
- Atalantaâ€™s grants to support Sportswomen in Oxford based on excellence and need
- Networking events with our sponsors and frequent information about schemes and internships our sponsors run
- The opportunity to purchase Atalantaâ€™s stash
- Access to Vincentâ€™s club on weekday evenings and on Saturday lunchtimes and the opportunity to book facilities for private use
- Access to our alumni database and opportunities to integrate with alumni providing good social and networking opportunities
- Access to our Twitter account and Facebook page which will have updates of upcoming events as well as match results from across the university